How canWe help?
General information about UProfit Programs, the UProfit Live Account, connection guides to our recommended platforms, and more.
How do I set up my UProfit account?
Once you register for your evaluation, you’ll receive a confirmation email with your credentials. These credentials will allow you to configure your RTrader account.
Setting up RTrader:
- Download RTrader. You can choose either the Pro or the Regular version.
- Enter the login and password that were sent to you by email. Under the System Tab, select "Rithmic Paper Trading''. Then under the Gateway Tab, select "Chicago Area" as shown in the video.
- Once you have entered, it is absolutely necessary that you accept the two digital documents shown in the image below.
Rithmic, LLC Market Data Subscription Agreement: Click on "I Agree".
Rithmic, LLC Market Data Self-Certification: Here you MUST select "Non-Professional". Remember you MUST sign in as "Non-Professional".
- It is very important to make sure to copy the credentials (User ID and Password) without leaving spaces at the beginning or at the end. Otherwise, the platform takes the space as another character and will not allow you to log in.
- Make sure you select Rithmic Paper Trader in the System and Chicago Area in the Gateway boxes.
- If in the second agreement you declare yourself as Professional by mistake, don't worry, send an email to our support team indicating the mistake and continue with your trades normally. We will be happy to assist you and we’ll make the change for you.
Once you have completed these steps, you’re ready to configure NinjaTrader.
- Download and install NinjaTrader 8 here. We recommend downloading version 8.
- Open the email with the UProfit Trader credentials.
- The first thing to do is to configure the license that we sent you by email with your credentials. Go to NinjaTrader - Help - License Key and delete the license that comes with the platform. Copy the one we sent from UProfit. You will find your exclusive NinjaTrader License Key in your welcome email.
- The platform will tell you that you have activated the Global Simulation Mode, and you must deactivate it. To do this, click on Tools and then click on Global Simulation Mode to uncheck it.
- Then, go to the credentials configuration. Connections > Configure. The Connections screen will open, there you must double click on My Rithmic for NinjaTrader Brokerage
- After that, on the right-hand side in Properties you will be able to enter your credentials.
- In the Connection Name box you can put the name you want for your connection, then copy the Username and paste it in the Username box and copy the Password and paste it in the Password box.
- Make sure that the option (Rithmic Paper Trading (Chicago) is selected in the System box. If the box does not allow you to select it and you see that the option is checked, then everything is correct. If the box does not allow you to look at the options then you have not yet configured the license and should go back to the previous step.
- Finally click on "Apply" and then "OK". The platform is now configured!
- In order to log in, you have to click on Connections and then click on the name you have given to your account.
- On the lower left-hand side, you will see a light that changes from gray to yellow and finally to green, indicating that you are connected and ready to go.
It is very important to make sure to copy the credentials (User ID and Password) without leaving spaces at the beginning or at the end. Otherwise, the platform takes the space as another character and will not allow you to log in.
You must copy the license without leaving spaces, otherwise the platform will indicate that it is an invalid license.
If you cannot deactivate the Global Simulation Mode, it is because you have not configured the license yet. You must configure the license first and then deactivate the Global Simulation Mode.
- After connecting and when the light on Ninja is green, you should see two accounts, SIM101 and your evaluation account. If you only see the SIM101 account it means that you have not configured your license yet and you must do so to make sure your evaluation account appears.
NinjaTrader light indicators:
- Gray light: Disconnected
- Yellow light: Connecting
- Green light: Connected
- Red light: Connection failed
UProfit Trader will not receive the trades made in the SIM101 account. Make sure you trade in the correct account.
You cannot be connected to R|Trader and NinjaTrader at the same time. You can only be connected to one platform at a time. Otherwise one of the two platforms will be forced to close.
Monitor your NET P&L in R|Trader rather than NinjaTrader by clicking on Trader Dashboard, and locating the column labeled P&L. R|Trader automatically calculates commissions and fees, while NinjaTrader does not display your Net P&L accurately in real-time. UProfit Trader reports are calculated using the data from R|Trader.
- If you have your own NinjaTrader license, you can use that one instead of ours.